cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

TalkTalk FTTP causing landline issues

jrkennedy
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Had FTTP for a couple of months now, WoW what a difference from DL 30Mbs UL 6Mbs to Straight 65Mbs  DL and UL.

The only issue I now have is the news digital Telephone  service.

Shortly after the upgrade I have been getting missed calls Each hour, ever Hour , and more recently every 1/2 hr FROM NO NUMBER. this can go on for hours, its getting so bad I have Put my telephone on DO NOT DISTURB . Now if anyone calls they have to call my mobile if its urgent.

Anyone else having or had the same issue?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi jrkennedy,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

the telephone issues have now been resolved.

thankyou.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Good morning,

How has the voice service been over the last few days since our team applied the fix?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi again,

This should now be resolved. I'll check back in with you on Friday just to check that everything is now ok.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Morning,

Just an update to advise that it looks like this will be resolved by tomorrow but I will post again to confirm once it has been done.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Good afternoon,

Thanks for confirming. I've raised this over to the correct team to resolve and I will post back here to confirm once this has been completed.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 7 of 10

hi, 

yes i'm using the supplied Hub2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you using the Wifi Hub 2?

Thanks

Michelle

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Sounds like you have one of the 'phone handsets that has a design fault. The digital voice service does a regular reset of the VOIP adapter to make sure calls are properly ended. Usually it's every 30 minutes. Some 'phone handsets notably some made by BT in the 8500 and 8600 range did register a call coincident with the VOIP adapter reset.  This then gets registered as a 'ghost call'. Most handsets are unaffected.

You can try a different handset.  TalkTalk do have a fix so I'll pass on the request for that.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution