cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Talktalk mail plus

bryson1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

I left talktalk approx 14 months ago and have been trying to keep my 3 email addresses since then with no luck.  I have since went back to talktalk thinking I would be able to link my 3 email addresses to my new account (full fibre), again with no luck.

Previously I tried to set up a talktalk mail plus account, got through the verification stage but everytime I tried to register the account I would receive an error message saying  "there was a technical error" "we're very sorry and working hard to resolve this.  Please try again later".  I phoned talktalk and was supposed to hear back after an investigation from the back end team, but heard nothing.  I gave up as by this time I had already decided to return to talktalk.

Fast forward to rejoining talktalk in April 2024 and I am still going around in circles with the same issues.  Countless hours lost trying to explain on the phone being told I would hear back within 48 hours and never do.  To being told the reason I am having these issues is due to not having a tv subscription!!! 

I think as I am a full fibre customer I should still be able to manage up to 5 email addresses from my account.  Tearing my hair out, I have tried to set up another talktalk mail plus account again and am still receiving the same error message.

Any ideas how I can link the 3 email addresses from previous account?  I can't lose these email addresses as these are used for business purposes.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

You're most welcome. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

@Ady-TalkTalk That’s amazing, thank you so much!  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

They're all linked to your account now. Please let me know if you need anything more.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

@Ady-TalkTalk thank you! 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi bryson1, I'm one of only a very few users with access to do this and my access is down just now. I'll get this done this morning or get a colleague to do it if I can't. You were right the first one is already linked. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

@Ady-TalkTalk @Thank you, private message sent.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi bryson1, please send me the email addresses you want to link to the new account in a personal message and I'll link them for you.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

@bryson1 

That's what I was trying to say, sadly.

Message 9 of 14

The error message you are getting is correct - they can't be currently added in My Account, @bryson1, and that seems to be pretty permanent ongoing. 

As these are old Talktalk addresses, wait and see if staff can do anything manually. They're on here during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 10 of 14

@ferguson  This is the error message I am getting and have been since April!. 

Please Note - we have temporarily removed the create/delete mailbox functionality as we are performing some backend maintenance work on our email platform. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Everytime I speak to someone on the phone, they keep directing me to manage-email and keep saying they don't know why I am getting this message!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

@bryson1 

TalkTalk are not currently offering the ability to create/add new email addresses.

https://service.talktalk.co.uk/manage-email

Message 12 of 14

I didn’t think I needed the mail plus account.  I am just at my wits end with it all.  Every time I phone and have to explain each and every time I get a different answer and told back end team will deal with it and I will hear back and don’t! Today I was told the reason I was having these issues was due to not have the mail plus account, so decided just to do it to see if it would make a difference, but I can’t do that either. 

Thanks for the advise I’ll have a look adding the addresses 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

DON'T try to set up email plus while you actually are a customer, @bryson1, it's only for when you are NOT a broadband customer. 

Staff will let you know what can be done with the email addresses  - they can do stuff manually that we can't do in My Account. 

Make sure that all 3 addresses are clearly listed in Private Notes. 

This is a box towards the end of the Personal Information area. You access this via your avatar  / forum name; settings .... add your Talktalk phone number or account number in Personal Information, and other information as advised. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.