cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

14258 (Selective call barring) is not responding to any key presses since I switched to Fibre

trevorrg22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Since I switched over to Fibre + Digital Voice in March 2023  when I call 14258 (selective call barring) and press any keys the message just repeats, it's not recognising any key presses.

I have now had 3 chats with tech support. After the first one it seems like I have to go through all the same questions again (like they don't read what's been tried before) and today even told me that 14258 isn't a talktalk number  😫

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi DuncRha,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

DuncRha
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

I had a similar problem when my contract was renewed...that's another story!

My problem was with "Callsafe" which seems to be by default SWITCHED ON......WHY???

After a few back and fors I was able to switch it off. See....

Home - Staying Safe - How to use CallSafe

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi, Michelle

Thanks but I went through so much to trouble shoot this - powering off my Eero, resetting my grandstream so that it would search for an update of firmware. The Grandstream was even replaced twice (ie I was sent replacements twice) and I accepted a payment for the inconvenience of it not working from my home phone.  I really don't have the time or the will to go through it all again so I'll make do with having to startup the TalktalkDigitalVoice app and use that to block whenever I need to

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi DuncRha,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

DuncRha
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Had this same problem, just renewed my a/c in Jan'24 and it stopped working. Was told to use call block, but this doesn't work when you're sent a pass code by a BOT. The phone just goes dead! Was then told to use last call barring......but 14258 says "sorry the service requested is not available". Please......how do I get the 14258 service back.....more so because call block is not suitable if your contacting your Banks to get a login from a BOT.......HELP

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Trevor

Thanks for your reply.

It would be worth removing this feature (last caller barring) in My Account and then re adding this again in My Account a few hours later to see if this resolves the issue.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi, Michelle

I was sent a new Grandstream which arrived today.  I connected it but it didn't resolve the issue.

I can confirm 'last caller barring' is showing active on my account.

Thanks

Best regards

Trevor

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Ok thank you for confirming and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

please bear with me on this. I've been on chat to technical support and they are going to send a new digital voice box to see if that works (other tests have been tried)

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi,

Does it show as active if you log into your My Account?

Thanks

Message 11 of 13

this has never worked since I went to full fibre

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hello,

Can I just confirm, has this never worked since FTTP? If you log into your My Account does it show that this service is selected and active on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes