cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller ID

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

This has stopped working and instead we get an Anonymous: Out of Area message.

I have seen this mentioned by others recently so I followed the advice given elsewhere i.e. reboot everything; turn off the ONT for at least 30 minutes. Which I have done now, still not working.

So, my next step was to be removing and then adding again in My Account, as also advised to others. Unfortunately, the option has disappeared from My Account.

Over to you, chaps! 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

That's great news ferguson, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 11

Oops, just got another weird and wonderful generic email, so tested on that basis of that. Fear not, despite jumping the gun on what you said it is working again, hurrah! Nice one and many thanks.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

OK ferguson, I've re-added it, could you give it about an hour and then retest 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Yep, sorry about that. I'll re-add it now 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thanks Chris, that will explain why I just received the rather startling looking generic email that says "we have made the changes you asked for." On looking more closely it suggests I have removed Caller ID, so it looks like the first of your steps has worked. Fingers crossed!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

I'm not sure why it's not showing in My Account but I'll see if I can add and removed it at my end. I'll give it a try and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Chris, I have already done that in anticipation, before posting here yesterday. And any idea why the option isn't showing on My Account?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Thanks. Still showing not connected. When it's convenient could you try switching the ONT, eero and DVA off again for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi Chris,

Yes, first noticed this last week when father in law rang us, but call otherwise was fine. Just tested again by dialling out on 17070 and calling in on my mobile, working in all respects except Caller ID.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi ferguson,

It is showing as active. Does VoIP appear to be working OK apart from the issue with caller display as it's currently showing 'device not connected'

Chris

0 Likes