cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Copper Landline does not work

Brady49
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 3 of 3

My account number is [removed] and landline no. is [removed].
I am still paying for a copper landline service but my phone display says "check phone line". I cannot receive or make landline calls.
My fibre connection is fine but it hasn't been converted to use my landline phone (I know I'll need some kind of a phone adaptor later).
TalkTalk connection test can't be done because I have both copper and fibre to my home and TalkTalk can't test these. TalkTalk tells me that my fibre will be used to connect a phone but NOT for another couple of months.
In the meantime I'm still paying for a copper landline service that doesn't work.
Simply put -- I want a copper landline service that works correctly all the tim until TalkTalk eventually gets around to do whatever they're supposed to do in a couple of months time, which may be never!!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Brady49,

If you still need assistance can you please reply to my previous post

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi Brady49,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your telephone service. Line test is picking up a potential problem. Is your telephone currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Is the line completely dead, no dial tone?

Are you able to test with a second telephone?

(please do not post personal information on the Open forum - I've removed the personal information from your post)

Chris

0 Likes