cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Digital phone switchover

RobDG
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I understand that when the copper phone system is discontinued the landline phones will have to be connected directly to the router. Currently my router is connected to an extension (getting 35 mb plus) in a small room in our bungalow  and the main phone intake is in the hall. I need the router to stay in the current location as I have CCTV connected directly into the router. What is the best solution? Who would move the phone main intake? or is there a better solution?

RobDG
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

OK thanks. It depends really where the room is where the router is located. If it's on the front of the property then installing the ONT near that router shouldn't be a problem - How Full Fibre is installed - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

RobDG
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5
hI 
Yes I have fibre 65  and I believe that the copper line in the south east is due to be upgraded in the Spring of 2024 although I have no immediate contact to confirm that. My current landline phones are I believe analogue. They are BT 6600 cordless.

Regards RobDG
RobDG
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rob,

If you still need assistance can you please answer Divsec's questions

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @RobDG thinking ahead, a bit like me. So many variables so a couple of questions first.

Are you likely to have full fibre to your home any time soon?

Have you heard, been notified that your copper line is being discontinued?

Do you currently have DECT phones?

Your post has been escalated so you should get a response from talk talk shortly

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes