cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Elderly Vulnerable Parents with no phone or internet service

PaulD_48
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Around mid-day today my parent's Talk Talk line stopped working for voice and broadband.  This is a massive concern because they are very elderly, both are disabled, my father has a serious heart condition and breathing difficulties and I live 100miles away.  Not having a phone service puts them massively at risk.  What is more, they have an emergency/falls alarm system which keeps giving a warning message that there is no phone line connected, so in an emergency that will not work.

Incoming voice callers here a ringing tone but the phone at the house does not connect and neither does their answering machine.  For outgoing calls they cannot get a dial tone.  Broadband does not work at all.  We have carefully checked all the connections/cables etc and everything is connected properly and as it always has been.

Around mid-day I used the TalkTalk online system to report a fault.  An automatic remote test was carried out and it appears this did identify a fault.  However, if I go back now to check the fault status, I simply see a rotating circle of dots which continues forever and never displays the current status of the fault report.

I have completed the TT Community profile details to include my father's name (the account holder), their TT phone number and my mobile (because TT obviously cannot contact my father directly as he currently has no phone line or broadband service).

I also have lasting power of attorney for my father, so earlier today I submitted a Power of Attorney application, together with the official POA paperwork from the Office of the Public Guardian, to TalkTalk via email.

What else can I do to get this situation resolved quickly for my very vulnerable parents?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20