cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Incoming landline call problem

Mitch-in-Notts
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

Incoming calls aren't ringing on house phone. All that happens is that the landline phone pings once but doesn't ring. If I answer the landline 'ping' and speak nothing can be heard by the caller. We have tried two entirely different phones and neither will ring.

Outgoing calls are fine.

Calls can be heard as ringing on the callers phone, but aren't ringing on the actual landline. We don't have call divert or anything like that on the landline phones.

Thank you.

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi Mitch, I'm the other poster you mention with the same problem. After a couple of days and a dozen emails, several conversations on my mobile with customer services (all Indian and hard for me to understand), I gave up. I get the impression that they haven't a clue, and will string you along rather than speak to openreach. I've just instigated a switch to Virgin full fiber broadband with digital phone (My phone will plug into the router) and the copper landline will not be needed. Extreme I know, but after many many years first with tiscali and then talktalk I expected far better. Best of look with your problem.

Message 2 of 28

Thank you Chris.

After your post at 1246pm someone has called our landline at 244pm, which still isn't working but is ringing to the caller. As a result I received a text and email informing us the case has been resolved and is now closed again. This is REP-1473370 from the 10th September and was closed at 13:43 hours today.

Case REP-14763045 was opened at 19:11 hours on the 17 September and is currently open.

And the Fault is NOT on the internet but the landline.

Can you please help as it is now 3 weeks of this. No one has rung my mobile at any point to speak to me about this fault.

Thank you.

Case 10Sep2024.pngCase 17Sep2024.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hi Mitch,

There was already a repair case open. I'll find out what's going on and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

Well no phonecall received between 12noon and 2pm as promised on either the landline or my mobile. I rang customer service at 6.33pm this evening, connected, he was just taking my account number when the call was cut off. Phoned again at 6.54pm, after 11 minutes I was connected to be told phone lines were now closed. Great. Good job I cancelled my fathers telephone call from the Hospital for tomorrow morning.

I am now trying the online chat which is what told me that a case manager was ringing me today between 12noon and 2pm. 

Online chat have just told me that there is no open fault reported as my case was fully resolved on the 12th September and no Case Manager was going to call me. So basically TalkTalk have lied to me on Friday the 13th telling me the Case Manager was going to ring me.

I have had to start the whole process again from the beginning, doing line tests etc. and I will now hear something in the next 3 days. That will be 3 weeks with no incoming calls.

Think it's time to terminate my contract with you after 20 years as I hate being lied to.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Hi Mitch,

I'm sorry about this, I've asked our network team to call on your mobile in future

Thanks
Chris

Message 6 of 28

Hello Chris,

I spoke to someone online this evening as directed by a text message today. The network team rang at 11.55am today twice. Unfortunately they rang the landline which we can't answer, rather than my mobile. They seem to be under the misconception there is a broadband fault. I clarified(by chat) the fact it is the landline. I have been told I will get a phone call on Tuesday 17th 12noon-2pm. I hope this is sorted by 930am on Wednesday 18th as my 86 year old Father is getting a landline call(he doesn't do mobiles) from the hospital - they had the call booked for Wednesday 4th but of course he missed it.

Please note that there is another poster on here with an identical problem at the SAME telephone exchange - see https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-faulty/m-p/3063916#M161009  Could it be something has tripped at the telephone exchange following recent power cuts?

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

OK thanks. I'll ask our network team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

Message 8 of 28

Morning Chris,

No the phone is still not working this morning. 

Thanks

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hi Mitch,

I can't see any indication that anything has changed at our end. Could you just confirm that its still not working and I'll ask our network team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Hello,

The Open Reach engineer has been this afternoon and there is no fault on the line. She says it must be something that TalkTalk have done. Any suggestions?

We lost the incoming landline service on the 29th August following a series of power cuts that morning. Has something been knocked out of place at your end? - it is almost like you have put our landline calls on Call Divert and are just 'pinging' us a notification that we have a missed call rather than connecting the call. The outgoing calls are fine.

Thanks

Mitch

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Thanks for the update and we'll check back in with you on Thursday.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Thanks Chris, Will do and I have now confirmed the appointment with openreach. Regards, Mitch

Message 14 of 28

I've booked the appointment for - September 12 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 15 of 28

OK, I'll book the first available appointment and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Hi Chris, still not working at our end. If the engineer visit could be booked. Thanks, Mitch

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Mitch, I've just tried something at our end, could you please retest and let me know if it's now working. If not then I'll go ahead and book the engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Chris, Yes the issue is still ongoing if you can book an engineer. Thanks Mitch

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Hi Mitch,

Can you just confirm that you still have the same issue and I'll book the engineer 

Chris

0 Likes