cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone severe crackling

zigpop
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi. For several weeks now there is severe crackling on my land line.  I can hear as soon as I start to dial and also when I receive calls to the point I can no longer speak on the land line.  I have installed new phones and no change.  I reported as fault last week.  The test said fault on the line and referred me to chat where I tested master socket (still crackling) and was advised it was an internal fault and an engineer could be called for £75 (refundable if TT or OR fault).  I did another line test and still showing a fault - new ref REP-13004215 - no sign of any action from first call.  I am concerned this will just go away or is an incorrect test after reading the forum.  Is my fault being worked on - or do I need to call an engineer - if Talk Talk are confirming a line fault, why do I need to pay!  Any pointers to move this on - it is my connection to my Mum and need to have land line working. Thanks 

Zigpop
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi zigpop

I'm glad to hear that this fault has been resolved 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

zigpop
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for your help.  Engineer has been and apparently there were many faulty cables in the connection box between the exchange - so outside of my house (no charge) and hopefully several other people got their land line fixed at the same time even if they didnt know they had an error!

Zigpop

Message 3 of 7

Hi zigpop

Apologies for the delay.

I'm glad to hear that an engineer visit has been arranged. Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Good to hear.

Hope its soon cleared.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

zigpop
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

thank you. i finally got someone very helpful in live tech chat and an engineer is being sent out! 

Zigpop

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).