cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

How do I get a number ported to my landline ?

cjedonline
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi, I've just moved to TalkTalk from BT (via a disastrous attempt to get NOW TV/Sky broadband). This has meant that my original number was not available when my TalkTalk service started. I have talked to BT and my original landline number is now available. What's the process to get it ported over to my TalkTalk line ? 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Thank you, Hopefully it will complete at some point during the week, I will let you know.

0 Likes

cjedonline
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Hi Arne, no, I'm afraid it's still the new number, not my original number.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi @cjedonline

Can you dial 17070 on your handset and check if the number read back is your old one. 

Thank you 

0 Likes

cjedonline
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Hi Arne, that sounds good - please keep me posted with any progress.

Message 6 of 13

Hi @cjedonline

Quick update, we have made the request to re-claim the number from BT we can then renumber your line.

Message 7 of 13

Thank you @cjedonline

I will ask the question and let you know. 

0 Likes

cjedonline
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Yes, the service is active (both broadband and phone). I think (hope) the reason it's not been marked as activated is that there were no high speed slots available in the cabinet,  and that my connection will be upgraded to a Fibre 65 one when extra high speed slots are fitted.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thank you, is your service with us active, its showing as pending activation.

0 Likes

cjedonline
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Hi Arne, I've added the number to my private notes. I should mention that the number is inactive, but available (according to BT).

Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi @cjedonline

Can you add the required number to your profile, in the private notes section, and I can ask the provisioning team if its possible.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Hi @cjedonline I have a feeling it will be difficult but as I don't have a good answer can confirm that your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. Looking forward to learning the answer and wish g you good luck. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes