cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

VOiP

JockTamson`sBairn
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I have full fibre `900 data only` at home. I am looking to upgrade to include VOiP but I have been advised by TalkTalk customer services that as I dont not have a copper telephone wire coming into my home then I am unable to upgrade.  Can anyone advise if this is the case? I can get VOiP from another provider so I can`t understand why I can't from TalkTalk.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

JockTamson`sBairn
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Thanks Ferguson. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi @JockTamson`sBairn 

What you want is not offered with this package, I said before that the Fibre 900 service is data only. Please see:-

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/fttp 

Down near the end of this page where it mentions Fibre 900 it does say it is data only:-

Data OnlyData Only

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

You can only get VoIP from TalkTalk if you had a pre-existing copper based TalkTalk landline phone number. In those circumstances, they can switch it across to a data voice number on a Full Fibre circuit. Otherwise, TalkTalk do not offer a separate VoIP service.

0 Likes

JockTamson`sBairn
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Keith, 

I totally get that, but my question is why can I not add VoIP to my services via TalkTalk without a copper cable installed? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The 900M service is data only, no digital voice or anything.

Any attempt to have a VoIP solution is down to you. First off you would need to find a suitable VoIP provider and connect their equipment to a spare Ethernet port on your eero Pro 6. The call charges would not necessarily match TalkTalk's call costs.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes