cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

intermittent fault incoming calls

HughWo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Callers to me report regularly getting a "phone not in use", engaged tone, automatic voicemail, or similar messages when the phone is available and there has been no incoming ring. A broadband test says no faults on the network, but suspects a fault with my set up (which is not complicated, just a router and Wi-fi to TVs). I don't understand most of the advice.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

OK Hugh, just let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hello Chris, Your message just appeared on my PC, meanwhile I have been on Talktalk telephone enquiry, they checked the landline twice (two separate operators), got me to remove the front of the SC Master Socket and then "reconfigured" the system. All plugged in again,  seems OK now, but of course it seemed OK 90% of the time before. I'll call 0800 955 5544 if it happens again.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your service.

Have you tested with a second telephone?

Chris

Message 4 of 6

This message from Talktalk after doing the line test earlier today

We've completed a test on your line. If you're still experiencing issues our agents will need to investigate this further, simply visit talktalk.co.uk/tech to chat to one of the team. Please make sure you're at home so they can help you check your in-home setup and complete any further checks required.

Your TalkTalk team

0 Likes

HughWo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Supplement: Talktalk router plus Openreach G-fast modem

0 Likes