cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

poor service !!!

Tupset
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I have an elderly father, 88, who has just been discharged from hospital and is very vulnerable. His home phone has played up for a while ie. difficult to hear him or he hear us, constantly giving engaged tone, or not ringing his end.

We thought it was the handset so we ordered another one. Last Thursday, 29th Feb, around 6 pm,my father had a power cut. He was left in near darkness and tried to phone me, but the line was dead. He struggled out of his seat and with great effort used his zimmer frame to bang on the adjoining wall of the neighbours.

I was called and discovered his phone was dead. I reported the fault by phone that evening on your automated service. When I didnt hear anything the next day or the day after, I phoned again and the auto response was that the fault was being dealt with and an engineer will be in touch by text on my mobile. I phoned today and finally got through to a person but because I am not authorised deal with matters on dads behalf the operator would not speak to me. Then i phoned again and the next operator informed me an engineer had been out on 3rd March, although we didnt know,. as the promised text update hadnt been received. In total i have spent 3 hours,  phoning, writing emails and reading your web pages to find out what to do.

I am so upset with the struggle ive encountered with your company and my fathers land line still isnt working. What do you propose to do? How will you compensate me for my time and worry and more importantly, how should my dear old dad get hold of me or anyone to alert us he has fallen or is ill?

IMG_3303.PNG
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Tupset,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused to yourself and your Father by this issue. 

Could you add your Father's name and TalkTalk home telephone number to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll look into this for you.

Chris

0 Likes