cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

using land line number on mobile phone

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I understand that landlines are being phased out soon.

At the moment I have a landline for phone calls and a cityfibre connection for broadband.

The only reason I really keep the landline is that I am elderly as are most of my contacts and they are used to ringing me on my landline number.

Is there a way that I can have calls to my landline rerouted to mine and my wife's mobile, and would this keep working even if the landline is removed in 2025 or if I then cancelled my landline? 

The reason for this is I would not want people who only have my landline number i.e., hospitals, doctors, distant relatives etc to ring my landline and not be able to contact me, and give up as they only have my landline number. I realise I could get a VPN phone attached to my broadband but I do not mind losing the phone only the number.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

jstype

1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi jstype,

You can reroute landline calls to a mobile (call divert) but this only works if you have a landline in the first place. If you are going to lose you landline then you may have the option of getting a digital voice service (VoIP) which usually will allow you to keep the same landline number

Chris

0 Likes