cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEEP YOUR WHOLE
FAMILY SAFE ONLINE

Taking steps to keep your network family-friendly gives everyone the freedom to do their own thing.

SuperSafe

DavidFothergill
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I recently agreed to have SuperSafe boost removed as I still could not access it and was advised that the new Amazon eero app offered security features. However, it is not clear if the eero app offers the same level of security as SuperSafe. Please can you advise if the security features on the eero 6 are the same as SuperSafe 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

I appreciate I am late to the party here as this thread has just been brought to my attention on another thread.

I think it depends on the devices you have. The Eero is fine when the devices are attached via WiFi at home but if you have a laptop and or phone, you will use these outside if the home, so I have kept mine to protect me when on different WiFi or phone networks.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

You're welcome. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Ady,

Thanks very much for confirming that.

David

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

The only difference is that Eero secure is on the router not the devices attached to it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Ady, I really just want to make sure the Eero secure offers the same functionality in terms of internet protection as that previously provided by F-secure SuperSafe. It was clear before what the difference was between Homesafe and SuperSafe to enable you to make a decision on what you needed. Therefore, I just want to make sure that the devices connected to the Eero router have the same protection as a device with SuperSafe downloaded on it. If that isn’t the case, it would be helpful to know what the difference is. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

What is it you're worried is not covered by Eero Secure?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Ady, thanks very much for your response. Sorry to be a pain but I have had conflicting information from another TalkTalk staff member.Please confirm the Eero 6 provides the same functionality as SuperSafe as long as a device is connected to the Eero 6 router.

Thanks again David 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi DavidFothergill, you can remove Fsecure and rely on Eero secure but remember that when or if you get a different router you would need to ensure your devices had suitable antivirus software to protect them again. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi Debbie, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I am still not clear whether I need SuperSafe, or something similar, to boost the security I have with the eero device. Previously, I had SuperSafe as it was clear what it would do in comparison to Homesafe, such as protection from downloaded documents. Therefore, it would be helpful to know what the difference is between the security provided by eero and SuperSafe. Thanks 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11
0 Likes