cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile support

For any questions about your TalkTalk mobile service.

Online defence app

Giraffe
Wise Owl
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I set this a default browser but found it would not accept scanned QR code app links. It just stated there was an error on the linked Web page.

Is this as intended as this means it us not as useful as I expected. I had scanned the Smart Mobile QR code app having just joined that service.

Thanks

G

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Giraffe
Wise Owl
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

sorted thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

@Giraffe, click on Ady-talktalk's name and it will take you through to the public bit of his profile. Scroll down a little and it should look something like this:

Screenshot_20230622-155958_Chrome.jpg

Clicking on the blue "send message" area takes you to a box to compose a private message. 

When a reply comes back, a number will show next to your avatar (top right) and clicking there takes you to the message envelope. Click on that to read / reply etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 10

Hello Ady

Can you please explain what you mean by pm. Is a secure system for messaging?

I have reset TalkTalk Online Defence App as my default browser having noticed some recent related messages popping up and found that out of three QR codes saved the browser opened. There is just one relative to Microsoft that doesn't. I will sent that code link once you explain the pm query.

Thanks

G

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Giraffe, could you pm me one or two of the qr codes/links for me to test please?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi @Giraffe oh you are referring to the F Secure product offered by TalkTalk. Sorry for my ignorance but this is a product I resisted and have no good experience with it. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 6 of 10

Thanks

To clarify the App I am now referring to is the TalkTalk Online Defence App available on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy) through Google Play.

The earlier issue was the same app but through Apple for my Ipad.

Thanks Again

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Giraffe sorry no I'm not familiar with the app you refer to. I wonder if the dialogue you had with @Ady-TalkTalk at the beginning of the year has any bearing.

Either way your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

Message 8 of 10

Hello

Yes I was able to open the QR link using Chrome as my default browser.

I was just expecting to be able to use the TalkTalk Defence App as my default browser.

Is there anything else you can add?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Giraffe did the links work using a different browser?