cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Full fibre facts...Did you know?

With UFO, we use full fibre cabling all the way to your home which has a huge advantage over the traditional copper wiring. Fibre can carry more data at incredible speeds and it's also super reliable, so you're guaranteed the best speeds possible no matter how far away you are from the exchange. To learn more about UFO and the benefits of fibre, take a look at our eight top facts.

308km of fibre is already laid in York, with hundreds more to come.

1000Mb are the kinds of speeds you can expect on UFO. Thats 20x faster than the UK's average.

York has the fastest broadband speeds in the UK at 128.9Mb compared to the national average of 44.6Mb.

The average home buyer would be willing to offer an extra £6,500 on a property guaranteed to have excellent broadband speed.

Changes in weather, like temperature, rainfall or storms, do not affect fibre optics in the same way they do with copper lines.

Fibre is low energy. Electricity used to power fibre is significantly less than needed for copper cables.

Only 3% of homes and small businesses in England have access to full fibre, compared to 21% in France and 97% in Japan.

Fibre optics are strands of glass 1/10th the thickness of human hair. They transmit data through light signals.

UFO

about Taylerw

Hi everyone! I look after the broadband content on Help & Support. I'm also the team's resident crazy cat lady.

Read more of my blog posts

More like this