cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Space, no not the final frontier…

Hey Everyone,

Making our community easy to use, helpful and a friendly place is our utmost priority which is why we were a little stumped when we discovered that new members were able to add a space after or before their usernames when joining the community. Whilst this doesn’t have any adverse effects on the community itself it can get a little confusing as it’s possible for two separate users to have almost identical usernames.

We’re now in the process of making some changes so that spaces are no longer available to use in usernames and hope to have this change deployed within the next few days.  If you’re one of our members with a space in their username you’ll be contacted soon by a member of the community team who’ll be removing the spaces.

spacebar.jpg

In the event your username is duplicated with another member we may need to append a number to the end of your username or if you prefer we could change it to something completely different. Feel free to post a comment below if you’ve any other questions about the removal of spaces in usernames

Community

about StephenF

Hey everyone, I'm your community manager and resident lego fanboy and not to mention a massive foodie :) I'm here to help keep the community ticking over each day and support our great members.

Read more of my blog posts
7 Comments

More like this

New Community Login - Everything you need to know

New Community Login - Everything you need to know

Community
TalkTalk
New 159 fraud hotline

New 159 fraud hotline

Beat the Scammers
Community
Security