cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

Supporting York Bloom! And making a garden

Last year we were proud sponsors of The Ancient Society of York Florists summer show marquee at the city-wide Bloom! Festival. The event was particularly special as it marked the Society’s 250th anniversary, of which 130 members from the York area are part of.

As part of Bloom! this year, we are supporting the transformation of a derelict piece of land, off Burton Stone Lane in Clifton, into a wonderful green haven for the local community to enjoy. The idea behind the project has been made possible by the fundraising efforts of the garden committee who we proudly offered a donation to.

To launch the exciting plans, the committee held a fundraising family fun day for residents to enjoy whilst hearing about the ambitious plans to reinvent the space. Over £280 was raised on the day!

Bloom! Festival Curator, Lotte Inch, commented:

"It has been really wonderful for Bloom! and Make It York to be involved in getting this local project off the ground. Working with such an enthusiastic group of people and supporting their efforts to bring more green into the city is exactly what Bloom! is all about. Thank you for a brilliant day. We can’t wait to see the finished garden"

York’s UFO Marketing Manager, Helen Fletcher, said:

"This project is such a lovely idea and as we saw on the day, it will really help to bring the local community together. It was great to be back in Clifton where we built our network over three years ago and answer any questions about York’s UFO. We’re also thrilled to be supporting Bloom! for the second year running and it was brilliant to talk to residents and the committee about the upcoming plans for the community garden"

The Lanes Community Garden project and organiser, Hatti McKenzie, have been nominated for three York Press Community Pride Awards including Best Community Project, Good Neighbour of the Year and Person of the Year.

UFO

about Taylerw

Hi everyone! I look after the broadband content on Help & Support. I'm also the team's resident crazy cat lady.

Read more of my blog posts

More like this