cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

The need for speed

It’s not only the connected homes and businesses in York that have noticed the ultrafast speeds. Revealed as the 'city with the fastest broadband in the UK' by an article in Ideal Home magazine, York’s state of the art network is attracting attention nationally.

magazine.png

York’s ‘perfect mix of heritage and hi-tech plus the fastest internet in Britain’ saw the city named as the overall winner of The Sunday Times Best Place to Live in the UK 2018.

In another article, The Sunday Times shone a spotlight on York and its position at the cutting edge of technology, describing your home as the UK’s first “Gigabit City”, thanks to our Ultra Fibre Optic network.

The article also highlights that “poor internet connections negatively affect a home’s value and its ability to sell” and quoted Tom Hudson, founding partner of the property search firm Middleton Advisors, who said, “Broadband speed has become one of the most important factors [home] buyers look at”.

The average home buyer would be willing to offer an extra £6,500 on a property guaranteed to have excellent broadband speed.

Read the full article 'Life in the Fast Lane' online at yorksufo.com/lifeinthefastlane

“Revealed: the city with the fastest broadband in the UK” article, Ideal Home published 24th January 2018. According to a survey of 2,700 British home buyers conducted by broadbanddeals.co.uk.York - the best place to live in the UK 2018, The Sunday Times, published 18/03/18.

UFO

about Taylerw

Hi everyone! I look after the broadband content on Help & Support. I'm also the team's resident crazy cat lady.

Read more of my blog posts

More like this