cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our blog

Check out the latest on everything from staying safe online to getting the best from your service.

UFO and Internet Matters

As a founding member of Internet Matters we’re always keen to share their expert guides, articles and advice about how to stay safe online with the local community here in York. Internet Matters is a not-for-profit organisation that has a simple purpose – to empower parents and carers to keep children safe in the digital world. 

We work with local communities to provide information to parents and children about how to stay safe online with the help of Internet Matters. Last year, our UFO team showcased the Internet Matters Back to School campaign at a head teachers conference in York. The campaign provided a range of resources, including online safety guides and professional advice, to help parents make their child's digital safety and well-being a priority as they headed back to school.

We also ran two drop-in sessions at Chapelfields Community Centre, where our UFO team were on-hand to talk through printed guides by Internet Matters and give advice to parents about the best ways to keep their kids safe online.

More recently, TalkTalk looked at the relationship between loneliness and technology in teenagers, exploring if and how technology should be seen as a source, symptom or solution to tackling this growing issue. Our results revealed that half of teens in the UK think that social media and the internet makes them feel less lonely while only a quarter of their parents agree.

In response to these results, we're working closely with Internet Matters to advise teenagers and their parents about the tools available to them to make their online experience a safe and positive one. We're also creating handy information leaflets that will soon be available in community centres and schools across York.

For information, advice and support to keep children safe online, visit internetmatters.org.

UFO

about Taylerw

Hi everyone! I look after the broadband content on Help & Support. I'm also the team's resident crazy cat lady.

Read more of my blog posts

More like this