cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Cannot access Google sites

ÉIRE55
Participant
Private Message
Private Message

Message 25 of 25

Hello, Gondola.

I'm new here, and just went live with TT last Friday (10/11/23). The TT agent who set everything up had promised to phone me on that day to do some checks about my new account, but no-one has phoned me yet. Also, I can't access Google Chrome or my Gmail, so I'm having dreadful problems with trying to access my usual sites.

Could you please advise me where I should go within this forum, or give me a phone number or link where I could make some contact with TT to solve these problems? Many thanks.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hello, Michelle.

Thank you for your quick response.

I can't access anything to do with Google (Gmail, Chrome, YouTube, etc), nor can I access Edge. As for other sites, I can't remember now, as I've been going here there and everywhere over the last week.

As for "powering down the ONT and eero for 30 minutes and then retested this again", I've no idea what ONT or eero means. I'm 72 years old, and I rely heavily on the internet for my everyday functions (e.g. online grocery shopping, paying bills, making outside contact, etc), but I'm not au fait with the technical jargon. Could you please clarify your question in different wording?

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hello,

Can I just confirm, which sites are you unable to access at the moment? Have you also tried powering down the ONT and eero for 30 minutes and then retested this again?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 23 of 25

Hello, Gondola.

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly on Monday. I've been wanting to get back to you since then, but I've been so busy trying to figure out what's causing this problem, and ended up coming across so many obstacles and mistakes made by TT that it nearly drove me up the wall. There are so many faults and errors in the setting up of my new account, which I will list here in a minute.

Meanwhile, to answer your questions first.....

Yes, I tried a different Internet browser. I can't access Edge either, so I installed Brave which gave me the ability to access my Google account (including my Gmail) and, of course, my TT account and this forum.

I don't have a clue what an eero router is, but I have a Wi-Fi Hub 65 (Model F5364), and Homesafe and KidsSafe are both switched off. After again checking my router settings two days ago, I've discovered that Band 1 (2.4 GHz) is still enabled, but Band 2 (5 GHz) has now been disabled, even though I didn't make any changes to it since going live on 10/11/23 (when it was enabled). I tried to switch it off and on again, but nothing happened and my computer froze. However, that is not the problem, as it happened a few days after I went live. I suspect my router is faulty because, when I unpacked it, I noticed the sound of something rattling inside it (like something had come loose or was broken).

For your information, I use a dual core PC with W8.1 and W7. I always use W8.1 without any problems, so that's not the issue either. However, two days ago, I went into W7 and discovered that I can access Google (and Chrome) without any problems whatsoever! What?!!? That doesn't make any sense to me at all, and I nearly fell off my chair when it opened.

During my explorations within TT since I went live, I found a notice saying that TT was having problems with users accessing Google, so it's clearly known by TT that this is an issue. Also, I've tried numerous times to use the Chat Line, but that doesn't work either. This morning, I tried to use the TT Broadband Speed test, but all I got from that was.....

We’ve run into a problem

Sorry, we’re working hard to resolve this issue.

Please try again later.

Needless to say, I'm at my wits end after a whole week of trying so hard to get just the basics working, and TT has let me down badly. Not only that, but my account usage has been set up wrongly, and TT is charging me for both Unlimited UK Calls and Evening & Weekend Calls. I've just received my first bill this morning, which is overcharged because of this. What are TT playing at? My original contract setup was for Unlimited UK Calls, so I certainly don't need or want to be charged for Evening & Weekend Calls as well.

Could you please pass all this information on to the relevant departments for me, as I'm exhausted and at my wits end with trying to sort out this whole mess? It would be a great help if someone of authority at TT would phone me as soon as possible in order to help me get my account set up correctly and in full working order.

Many thanks for reading this, and I'm sorry it's so lengthy, but I desperately need some help and response from TT.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 25

Your post has been moved to the Security forum because the indication you gave of not being able to access Google sites suggests a Chrome browser or network issue rather than an email issue.

First, try a different Internet browser like Edge or Firefox. Does that work OK to access websites and Gmail?

Does your broadband service connection use an eero router or a Wi-Fi Hub?  Have you checked the eero Secure (eero Plus) settings via the eero app or the HomeSafe settings via your TalkTalk customer MyAccount to make sure that there's nothing blocking Google sites and if using a Wi-Fi Hub that Homesafe / KidsSafe is switched off? 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution