cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Eliminate network user

Orlando3
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

How can I eliminate a device connected to my network? I have connected an unusual device to my network and I can't eliminate, what can I do?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

The best way is always to change your WiFi password to something longer & stronger. MAC address filtering can be used, but it is not that effective these days, as MAC addresses can be easily spoofed. I cannot be more precise, as you haven't told me the make/model of the router that you have.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Orlando3
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The issue is I think someone is stealing internet from my router because I can't recognize the device, but I don't know how to block the access, there is any way to block the access to an unknown device?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Please can you elaborate, I cannot answer your question without knowing the make/model of the router that you are using & what this device is?

If you have connected it to your WiFi & now don't want it, turn it off or tell it to forget the WiFi network.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?