cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

I can't Access my hub (wrong password)

PJRanson
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My password isn't working to access the hub backend...

I'm fairly* sure I've not changed it but the printed password on the rear of the unit is not working.

I've connected to it using the 192.168.1.1 IP and attempted to logon using the factory details on the rear of the unit. I.e. admin & the 8 digit password

It is not allowing me access. 

Is it possible to gain access at all?

Perhaps a factory reset? 

Or a TT technician may be able to remotely check?

Any help greatly appreciated.

*90% certain 🫤

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

OK thanks for that, if it doesn't allow you in by tomorrow morning, please try a factory reset of the configuration. To do this, push the recessed button next to the power button for about 10 seconds with the power turned on.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 6

Yeah. Thanks. I didn't realise. 

In that case it is 174. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Just go to the login page, there is no need to login to find this out. It is quoted on the bottom left of all pages.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Keith. 

I've no idea what firmware version it is, without gaining access to the backend admin dashboard I wouldn't know how to check that... 

I'm guessing a factory reset is probably in order, which begs the question, how?

I'll Google it. 

👍😎

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Has it recently upgraded to firmware V174? When this upgrade has taken place for a day or two you may well get this problem. You can try using the In Private mode of your browser.

If this does not work, perform a factory default of your router's configuration to return it to the one printed on the back (the router password, not the WiFi one).

Keith