cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Supersafe has lost functionality - content filtering etc

DaveB1361
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Background:

I've been a TalkTalk for what seems like forever - I'm still using my original pipex email.

So I've had Supersafe for a good number of years and have over time installed licences on a number of devices including mobile phones. Unless I've lost my mind - when I first had it it had controls similar to Homesafe and basically when I added a new mobile device (all android) I just left all the devices with web-filtering enabled - I don't think I even checked them.

I just bought a new mobile phone (for the wife) and I thought to release the licences of older devices before installing.

The page giving the options for Virus, Security, etc no longer has any reference to - which I thought used to be under people & devices - content/homework time/web filtering etc.
When did it get "updated" to remove these features?
I'm guessing it was a follow on from the introduction of Homesafe on the broadband/router.
Thanks for any info (and I've installed a free virus/malware product on her new phone).

DaveB
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

If you're stillhaving problems I would suggest uninstalling the app using the Fsecure Removal Tool. If anything will cure it a good old remove and reinstall should be the fix.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Andy,
All that page shows me is the devices and when I select one I'm offered the option Add a device. If I select a device I am offered the option to release the device, or at the bottom of the screen, "Settings" which just allows me to rename the device.

Within the app on a device there are plenty of security options - but the password protected 'parental controls' section (now Family Rules) is not there. That's why I am questioning what's happened to it - is it something I've done/not done?

Additional info - the subscription is showing as being originally installed in 2017 on a Win 8 PC, which is still in use but not the primary PC - this is showing as the subscription owner with more devices associated with it (all Android), then an additional user which is now the primary Win 10 PC.  I'm using the original PC to try and sort this out.

DaveB
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi DaveB1361, you can log in here to manage your devices. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes