cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Two Factor Authorisation - Is there an alternative method ?

Buzby
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

When I log in to the forum I get an email with a 6-digit code to type in and proceed. This is fine if I am sat at my own computer, the one with my emails on.

If I am not at my normal computer I have to use webmail on my phone to get the code. This is a pain, as I first have to go through a TFA to get my webmail. This TFA is a txt to my phone.

My online banking uses a text TFA, as does my work email, so it's not uncommon.

Can the TT forum TFA be configured to send a text instead of an email ?

Cheers,

Buzby

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Excellent work!

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Buzby
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Wow, it works !.

Logged into MyAccount with email address and password as normal.

Then went to forum, clicked on the login icon, and it immediately changed to my avatar, and I was logged in !.

Cheers,

Buzby  

Message 3 of 6

Let me know how you get on.

I'm confident that the method will work so long as cookies aren't blocked because I use the method I've described - I'm not currently receiving the email verification code from TalkTalk so I use this method. It's actually easier than getting and copying verification codes. 

0 Likes

Buzby
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I'll try that now.

I've recently set up a computer in another room. It has never logged into any TT service, so there should not be any stored cookies.

Cheers,

Buzby

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Buzby 

You don't need to access the email mailbox if you don't wish to or don't have access to.

Just sign in to your linked customer MyAccount. The Username is the email address and the password is the one for MyAccount. That will get you signed in to MyAccount and will set an SSO cookie on the device you're using. Now just go to the Community page and select the User avatar / login icon top right and you will now see that you are signed in because Community has detected the SSO cookie.

If you happen to have set up MyAccount to use one of the Authenticators to authenticate the sign in by authenticating via your mobile device then you'll still need to use that authentication.

0 Likes