cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Failed to record

Rusty_2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Our View box has started to miss recording some programmes -what can we do?

Rusty2
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

@Rusty_2 that's great. Thanks for confirming.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi fr8ys

I did move the aerial & retuned and then back to the box & retuned

Thanks everything seems to be sorted (I hope)

Thanks again

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Janatari

Sorry for the late reply.

I seem to have sorted it now or maybe it's sorted itself ! 

Thanks for your reply

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

Janatarl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

I presume its the Huawei box ?  Mine did the same I tried every suggestion made, and in the end was offered a replacement set up.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Have you taken the aerial out and plugged directly into the tv and retuned that?

If the TV loses channels it may well be either atmospherics or your aerial is failing in which case you would need to consult a local intaller.

Try tuning the TV first to see what result you get.

The full reset is a last option but for lost channels may be a bit drastic at this stage.

The other thing you can try is to do a retune with no aerial inserted which will produce 0 channels, but clear the box memory. Then reinsert the aerial and try again.

The weather is playing havoc with the signals at present so hold off on the reset for a few days.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi fr8ys,

Thanks I haven't done the maintenance reset yet but decided to retune channels as I know some were being added & some taken off. I went from 175 channels down to 114,  I know one which has disappeared is 38 which I've been using to try & catch the Channel 5 which have been missed on recording but of course I can't do this now. So now I have yet another problem, do you think the reset may solve  both problems I have?

Thanks 

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Which channels are these? There is a problem reported that may be affecting C5. If to it would be worth reporting the issue with examples to them via their website.

C4 previously had an issue too.

If it's across all stations then resets might help.

Hi,

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu you've just used above. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the Support Staff look at other alternatives.

TalkTalk now only supply non-recordable boxes, So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

You will need to phone and probably recontract to obtain a new box.

Hope it works and please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes