cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Network adaptor with new tv box

Nikki63
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi I’m about to upgrade to full fibre 150 , and will be getting a new tv box to replace my old one . I currently use a  network connector , which I understand is a way of having a ‘wired’ connection without having a cable (my tv is not close to my router) 

Will I still need this with my new tv box , and if so can I use my existing connectors? The instructions Ive been sent  is email re the box don’t seem to suggest it’s needed . Sorry I’m not tech savvy at all ! New box due to arrive in a couple of days . My tv isn’t exactly the newest model , not sure if they makes a difference. Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4

That’s really helpful , thank you so much .  I was aware the new box does not record , but didn’t realise I could work round that in the way you describe. 
Thanks again 😊 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The new box is WiFi enabled so you won't need your powerlines to connect, although you can if you wish, but it's not necessary.

Providing your TV has an HDMI connection the box connects to the TV this way.

You are probably aware that the new box does not record, but you can use them in tandem providing you have a separate aerial connection to both boxes. Your local supermarket probably sells a splitter and cable to enable you to do so and this way you can continue to record if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).