cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New TV hub won't connect

Normy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I received a new TV box when I renewed my contract. When I connected it initially it started set up then stopped. Now I can't get any connection to the TV, even though the TV recognises that the box is there. I connected all the cabling from the old box which still works fine with those connections. The box seems to respond to the remote. I've tried reset by pressing the on/off button 5 times. But nothing works. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Great. Pleased it's working.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Normy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Success! Bit of a schoolboy error actually. I was trying to use the existing HDMI cable from the old box. When I switched to the cable supplied with the new box everything worked fine.

Thanks very much for the advise. Much appreciated.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

All I can suggest then is to try resetting the cables and then try the 5 times reset with the on off button. Wait until the light is blue, then firmly press 5 times in quick succession.

If it doesn't work then staff will be back tomorrow to review further.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Normy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi. It's the Netgem box N7950.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

As nothing happened when you pressed the on off button 5 times, can you confirm if you have the Netgem 4k box or the TV Hub, as resets different between the 2?

I'd suggest trying taking all leads out of the box and TV and resetting them to ensure there is a good connection at both ends and then trying a reset

please see here for instructions on resetting of the boxes.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TV-Box-Maintenance-Reset/ta-p/1429347

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes