cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Time incorrect on Talk Talk - 1 hour behind (due to clocks going forward)

Mart38_B
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Clocks have gone forward an hour overnight. However my talk talk box TV has not changed and therefore is currently showing programmes that took place an hour ago!? I have switched off the box and switched on again but it is still wrong. The time is currently 11.45 but we are watching programmes from 1 hour ago 10.45. This is live too??? Weirdly the radio channels are actually live at the correct time (i.e. Michael Ball Radi 2 11-1 is currently on) But MOTD due to be on BBC1 is not on, but Songs of Praise?? Can someone please assist. Thank you

KeenGardener
26 REPLIES 26

Lorraineg
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 27

My box is still incorrect has anybody solved the problem yet? Tried chat but got left holding on for 20 minutes 

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 27

Thanks @fr8ys but they (ITYV) have been saying that ever since the rebranding of their catch-up "service" !

Many other "systems" received a new "ITVX" App within days of the launch.

Instead of the saturation advertising for a service that is still not available to many, perhaps they should spend that money on development of a useable App.🙄

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

@Steamywee the responsibility for ITVX on any platform is with ITV.

They are working with YouView regarding deployment and once and if it is ready, they will deploy it on ITV's behalf.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 27

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk not your fault!

Can anyone there put pressure on Freeview to roll out their version of an "ITV X" App for these Huawei boxes so that we can once more avail ourselves of a catch-up service , ...with Subtitles?

I imagine it is their responsibility. 🙂 

Message 5 of 27

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. If the TV box is left on then the new software should update overnight or the software can be updated via the settings.

Thanks

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 27

Brilliant!

Only 48hrs behind the rest of the UK!

Maybe the "sloths" at Freeview or wherever can now turn the full might of their intellect to creating an ITV X App to replace the outdated ITV Hub app which has been for some time totally unfit for purpose; when it can be coaxed into "working" we, the audiologically impaired, are denied subtitles.

Gregcolc
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 27

I checked for software updates about an hour ago. There was one which seems to have fixed it.

Gregcolc
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 27

Abbot an hour ago I checked and there was a software update, which has fixed the problem.

Kimmy2412
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 27

Had the same thing. I went in settings and did a software update. Clock updated straight away.

Message 10 of 27

Thanks for wakin 'em up Michelle😊

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hello,

Apologies for the delay. This should be resolved in the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Speedwell
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 27

Freeview is ok on my other box, it's talktalk that is wrong

Saxyten
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 27

11am Monday, issue still not resolved.  Guide and tv still running 1 hour behind.  I have reset router, done maintenance on box.  No change.   All freeview reception is fine. Price hikes looming, but they not even providing service we pay for now.   How hard can it be to correct this?  

CaroleMarsden
First Timer
Private Message
Message 14 of 27

Is this being sorted, doesn't seem to be any reset on the box- everything from yesterday failed to record? 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Morning,

I've escalated this and will post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Kym1959
First Timer
Private Message
Message 16 of 27

Just checked again and it is still showing GMT and not BST still 1 hour behind, not recording,  any fix time on this issue ?

Kym1959
First Timer
Private Message
Message 17 of 27

Well my time is 1 hour behind and none of my scheduled recordings have recorded, they just say 'failed to record' this is really frustrating,  how can it take so long to sort out ?  Do we have a fix time ?

Message 18 of 27

Yes, according to Twitter support staff the engineers have been working on this. No eta though.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Scooby2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 27

Mines the same , causing confusion and frustration. Is anyone at TalkTalk going to reply or sort the clock situation out please?.

x

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 27

As said, there is no need to panic regarding this issue providing the system clock matches the EPG times

Grace, starting at 8pm BST, has successfully started recording on my box at 7pm as per the box times.