cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

new tv hub

keith94darklord!
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have been with talktalk for quite a few years now and the tv box i have is the the DN372T, I see there is a new box available. would i be able to have the new box at no extra cost or would it mean I would have to pay extra? 

Thanks Keith

keefyboy
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

@trumpetman This poster was asking about the new TV Hub, You seem to be confusing this with the 4K box.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Oh, and also you can only record one channel at a time, a real disadvantage.

Silver surfer but been using and messing about with computers since MS DOS 5
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Two futher thoughts about the very small 4k box: it can use either an ethernet connection or better still Wi-Fi which, for me, frees up the use of two home plugs, two ethernet leads and two electrical sockets.

It also has Bluetooth which is wonderful for me with impaired hearing - i can use my hearphones! Wonderful.

0 Likes

trumpetman
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

I had this box. It has always had a fault where it would freeze playback for 25 seconds; we could live with that. Then it made recordings but would not play them. I phoned support and after going through all the usual palava I was told to do an reset. It crashed. So I was told I needed a new box. Not just a new box but full fibre with 150mbps, digital voice for my telephone and the new eero 6 router (which made my old router redundant) and a new 4k TV box.

Great! But in my opinion the box is much harder to operate that my old box. It records onto your own USB stick which must be larger than 36gb. Finding your recordings is much harder than your old box because, you have to press the up switch then the left switch on the menu five left clicks. I can no longer press the right switch to jump a recording forwards 4 minutes to skip through adverts nor the left to go back 15 seconds. Fast forwarding or backwards goes at x3, x10, x30, x100 and x200. It has a (presumably) stop button with a white square on it which noes nothing and also a button with an X on it that also does nothing. Strange.

One very good point for me, being colour blind: the four coloured buttons have R, G, Y and B on them. Full marks for at last recognising that some of us can't tell the difference between red and green.

Most of the instructions are online but you will have to do a lot of investivating to find out where everything is.

I did ask if I could just have another DN370T box but it is discontinued so I have just got to get used to the new 4k.

There is a mass of things to watch that I just don't need or want.

Talktalk, like other providers want everyone to be digital which is much easier to maintain so I think if you ask nicely they would convert your existing set up.

One final point is that the new eero router absolutely flies in my study but the speed drops significantly outside of the study. The solution appears to be solved by buying more expensive extension eeros.

0 Likes

keith94darklord!
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for that fr8ys thats what i like about the box the fact you can record looks like i will give it a miss sounds like a step backwards. Cheers Keith

keefyboy
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The Hub is only available to fibre to the premises customers at present so you would have to upgrade if your home is one of those possible to get this.

Current box on offer is the 4k box, but in my view is not a direct replacement for the 372 only being capable of recording via USB the channel being viewed.

If your box is not broken, I'd stick with it.

By the way, the new Hub is also non recording.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).