cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre65 package

MikeS86
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi, can anyone tell me why "Fibre65" is advertised at a download speed of 56 ish for £26.00pm.

and I am paying £27.00pm for a speed of 45mbs even though the fibre cable is connected to the pole outside and "OpenReach" Emailed me to say ready for connection

Mike 86

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Debbie,

Just an update,  apparently  the cable is ready to install BUT as I requre a landline phone due to my Wife being Disabled the phone part of the Fibre is not ready to be used yet and Talktalk are going to tell me when it is and install the cable free of charge.

So that solves the answers to the question that I have been trying to get to the bottom off  for weeks ,Yippie

No need to be a " 86 year old Pain in the but"  any more 🙂

Stay safe and well

Mikes86

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Mike

Is this a FTTP package?

Do you currently have a FTTC service?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

You'll have early termination fees to pay if you leave before contract end, @MikeS86.

Just because it's "available" doesn't mean Talktalk has a deal with either of them out there yet.

Cityfibre runs through the pavement outside my house but only has a deal with Vodafone. Some of them snap up the contract and it takes a while to become available to others.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

MikeS86
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I will put it another way... The Fibe cable is connected to the pole outside My Property, "OpenReach" and "CityFibre" tell me it is ready to be connected.  How or when will Talktalk connect it ?  I went online to see if I could "upgrade"  BUT the only upgrade it to Fibre65 and I have been on that package for the last 2 years so on line it says "no offers available"   Seems that I will have to find another provider (after 16 years) to get the Fibre connected to my home 😞

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The small print will tell you that advertised prices are averages!

Your particular line speed is limited by distance from the exchange etc and line quality. 

You are given a minimum guaranteed download speed for your particular line. Anything above that means you are getting what you are paying for, @MikeS86.

Prices vary from time to time.

What was advertised yesterday may change today etc. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.