cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Outside the home

Lewjami
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Can anyone advise me why I cannot use my wifi in the garden even if I’m sitting sitting three metres away from a booster. It’s really bugging me.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

OK thanks. Can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris,

I don’t see why it should matter I should be able to get uninterrupted wifi in my house AND my garden. The router is in the front room of the house, there’s one wall to the kitchen, a booster at the WiFi and by my rear patio doors and I’m literally just sitting outside less than two metres away. My neighbour has her BT ROUTER in exactly the same area and her wifi reaches to at least 15 metres away into her garden!!!!!!! Why doesn’t mine when this eero is supposed to be the dogs *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* in wifi!!!!!! The engineer said how marvellous it is and I can do so much with it even spy on my family!!!! Which he did on the app. ALL I WANT IS TO SIT IN MY GARDEN, ABOUT THREE METRES FROM THE DOOR AND USE MY WIFI is that too much to ask ? My whole family are moaning about it. My son has a booster in his room and still the wifi drops. We use our phones and it comes up connection lost!!!!!  What am I paying for??? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Approximately how far is the outdoor seating area from your eero? How many walls are between the eero and seating area?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Something else Chris…..ever since the telecoms engineers installed this eero it’s not been the best indoors. It’s always dropping and tells us that connection has been lost. My son has a booster in his room and he said it’s a nightmare when he’s on the Xbox.  Helen

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Chris

well it’s been very trying. Today I’m online outside but I have to keep entering my TalkTalk wifi account and password into my iPad.  I’ve moved my seating area closer to the door too. It’s definitely not strong enough to hold it dips to the tiny one bar.

helen

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Lewjami,

How are you getting on, do you still need assistance?

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi lewjami,

It would depend what is between the device and the router. How many walls are there? Does it make any difference where you are in the garden?

Chris

0 Likes