cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Re low speed

MikeS86
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Just a thought,

If the TalkTalk engineer came out and says there is no fault on my home, ( which he did yesterday ) it is outside, and you send an OpenReach engineer who says there is nothing wrong outside the property Who pays for his call out charge if any?

MikeS86
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Mike,

When we book an appointed engineer visit to the property they will check inside the property first and then work outside to see if they can locate any faults with their testing equipment. If the engineer is unable to find any faults or tests in the property and everything is working ok at the time of the visit and the speeds are within the predicted speed range as provided by Openreach, then the possible time related charges would apply.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@MikeS86, the whole point about trying another router / initial diagnostics is to minimise the risk of charges for engineer visits.

Customers have to take responsibility for looking after wiring in their own home, testing with another phone / router in case there's a risk their normal phone / router is faulty. 

It costs a lot to send out engineers. Only a portion of the true cost is passed on to customers where appropriate. 

It's not possible to send out an engineer without your first agreeing to potential charges. The appointment simply can't be made.

If you find that charges do arise and they seem unjustified, you can always post back in the billing section to appeal them and Talktalk staff will have access to engineers' notes to check whether the charge is valid.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

sorry Chris but that does not answere my question, please re read my last message

MikeS86

MikeS86
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mike,

There's an explanation of the engineer charges here - Engineers charges

Thanks

Chris