cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Ending contract

JohnnyTrip
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello! I had moved houses and on Monday 30 January the engineer from open reach came and did the moving. He said that the internet will go live in 24 hours. That didn't happened so Tuesday 31 January I called them and they said they need 2 more days to fix the problem. From than on until Wednesday 8 February I called everyday and I got the same answer...wait two more days. On Thursday 9 February I called them to end the contract as they don't provided me internet for almost weeks. The customer service was ok with ending my contract free of charges and she said I will get the documents via email in 24 hours. Of course that didn't happened so on Friday I talked for about one hour with 2 people from customers service but they pretend they don't understand my request. On Friday evening I talked with someone from customer service on their chat and he said he ended my contract and he even gave me a cancellation reference  which is 90129641

Today when I logged in in my talk talk account it appears I just reported to them that I have a problem on 10 February and that they are working on it. So, please advise me what to do as I just want to stop the contract free of charges. I think talk talk it's the worst company I ever had to deal with and they are full of lies.

Ben
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Just talked with like 9 different people from different departments. No one was really helpful and the last person I talked to just hang up. If you work for talk talk I only have one question...why is everybody from customer service so unprofessional?

Ben
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Just talked with someone and they ended my contract but I have to pay for the rest of the contract. Even if the move was done and no internet for 2 weeks....it crazy what's their level of lies. Hope no one ever will use talk talk as it's the worst company and worst customer service. They passed me to like 6 people over the phone in last hour. 

Ben
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Ok but how do I get to them and how do I get the confirmation of my ending contract as multiple people from customer service told me they ended my contract and I will get the documents in 24-48 hours but that didn't happened. It's like they are all trained to lie....

Ben
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi JohnnyTrip

I will ask the provisioning team to stop the order ASAP. 

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your answer. I would like help from the support team. I've completed my account with my talk talk number and name. Hope I do get an answer from someone more reliable.

Ben
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday.

I have also moved this to the Billing section where it will more appropriately be dealt with. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum, @JohnnyTrip, as it's now more to do with cancelling the account rather than sorting a problem with the service.

If Talktalk is failing to supply a working service and this goes on for 45 days, they may let you leave without penalty. 

See 15.3 in Ts&Cs.

However, it is not clear whether or not that applies in this case. See also 17.2, Moving House.

The Terms and Conditions are linked at the foot of every TT page. 

By not recording the initial issue properly they are maybe shifting the starting date for you being without a working service to rather later than it should be. 

Staff will be back on here after the weekend. 

Please ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes