cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband dropouts

Les52
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 43

I am getting several dropouts each day. I have previously contacted Customer Services who siad that they have "fixed it", but clearly not. How do I get someone to check my connection and sirt the problem? I am not sure what information is required/relevant so will answer whatever questions from whoever  as required. Thank you

Les52
0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 43

OK, if it is the redoubtable Debbie who picks this up again then you can expect a very early reply on Monday!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 22 of 43

Hi. This is the new microfilter as supplied with the new router that came today. Used all the new items that came with it. Thanks

Les52

Message 23 of 43

OK, thanks again. Do you have another plugin microfilter you can try? Otherwise, wait for the support team to advise further when they pick this up next week. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 43

Yes it is.

Les52
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 43

Thanks Les. And is that the main socket where the line comes into your home from outside? Regardless of the snazzy covering!

0 Likes

Message 26 of 43

Ferguson

Thanks. Hope this is ok

Les

7486CFC2-FDF8-4536-82E1-70AE90952E91.jpeg
Les52

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 43

Sorry to hear this. In advance of Debbie coming back online on Monday, I wonder if it would be possible for you to post a pic of your master socket? Use the camera/image icon in the reply toolbar. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 43

Hi Debbie

Just as bad as ever. Would appreciate further contact as and when convenient to you 

Regards

Les

Les52
0 Likes

Message 29 of 43

Hi Debbie

Have sent a response on this as below. Thanks

Les52

Les52
0 Likes

Les52
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 43

Hi Debbie

Update….thanks for the new router but despite my previous post saying I would get back to you later I can already report that I am already getting the same dropouts as previous. Can’t be too precise on this but it does seem to be worse in the evenings and, as far as I can tell, more stable during the day. Not sure if that helps at all. Would appreciate any further thoughts/actions on this from you as and when convenient. Thanks.

Les52
0 Likes

Message 31 of 43

Hi Debbie.

Just to let you know the router has arrived today and is up and running ok. 
Will see what happens over the next few days in respect of the connection and get back to you.

Thanks

Les

Les52
0 Likes

Message 32 of 43
0 Likes

Message 33 of 43

Thanks Debbie.

Will get back to you with the latest once it arrives and is up and running.

Regards

Les

Les52

Message 34 of 43

Hi Les

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 35 of 43

Hi Debbie

Many thanks for your prompt response and information.

Yes, thanks.

I would appreciate you sending a new router to me to assist in the fault diagnosis

Thank you

Les

Les52

Message 36 of 43

Hi Les52

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule out a fault with the router first?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 37 of 43

Much appreciated. As you say - will wait and see what happens tomorrow. Thank you once again.

Les52

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 38 of 43

Ok, the 'Test Socket' link from my previous post goes to a help article that shows what type of sockets have a test socket. The 'Non NTE' does not have a test socket, but the other types do. If you have a 'Non NTE' master socket then you should not try to open it, but if you have one of the others there are details in that article about how to access the test socket inside it.

But anyway, the support team will be able to help more when they get back to you, hopefully tomorrow.

Message 39 of 43

Thanks. Connection/speed tests etc all done ok via the Service Centre (several times). Phone OK.

My socket does not have the test socket you allude to (maybe its old like me!)

Many thanks for the reply. Hopefully , as you say, the support team will be in touch. Thanks

Les52

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 40 of 43

Ok, it would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘run a connection test’ on your line (although this is really what the customer services team should have checked already), this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If the connection test doesn't find a problem, your service comes down a phone line, and your master phone socket has a test socket inside it, then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow to help further.