cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed after line fault fix

ab101
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

Hi, I had a linefault which talktalk say is now rectified. However my broadband is now significantly slower than what it used to be, specifically the DSL connection status shows:

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):2696
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):17891
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):22.1
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):22.9
Upstream interleave depth:1
Downstream interleave depth:13
Line standard:VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):3
Downstream line attenuation (dB):10.4
Upstream output power (dBm):5.2
Downstream output power (dBm):12.7

Before my problems started, my upstream and downstream where just under 10000 and 40000.

I've tried the modem on the original socket and at the test master socket but there is no difference in the numbers.

Factory reset the router with no difference.

I understand that there is a 10 day "Line stabilisation period" on a new connection and the connection speeds have been slowly degrading over the last week or so until the line fault was fixed. Will the connection start to speed up again over time?

Thanks

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Hi,

Just to add, I will also be checking this again later today for a further update and will post back then.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Morning,

Thanks for the update. The incident raised which is under investigation is for a voice issue. Hopefully once this has been resolved then the broadband speeds will start to improve but we will check this for you.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Hi, thanks for checking.  This morning my broadband disconnected a couple of times, I picked up the line and the crackling has returned.

It may just be a coincidence but I suspect there may be an issue between the telephone pole and the overhead line that comes into my house as it was raining this morning and we've had a lot of rain in the last couple of weeks. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Morning,

I've re-checked and the incident is still open so I will re-check this again later on this morning.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I will keep checking for an update on this incident and will post back as soon as this has been resolved. This could possibly affect the broadband connection/speed so once this has been fully resolved then we can focus on the broadband speed for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Just to clarify by "no longer even a dial-tone" I meant that the voice line was dead, no crackling, nothing.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 31

Oh okay I did n't realise that there was still a potential issue as the ticket was marked as fixed and was closed.

My initial problem was broadband was disconnecting which coincided with intermittent crackling on the line that eventally became permanant until there was no longer even a dial-tone but I would get some internet now and again.

This morning when the line fault was reported as being fixed there was still no dial tone.  However when I disonnected and reconnected from the master socket the line came back but with some initial crackling which cleared up and the line is still clear as of now.  Have had no issues with broadband so far other than the slower speed.

I hope that helps. Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Good afternoon,

There is still a potential voice outage/incident showing at the moment which is under investigation. Can I just confirm, were you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Is the voice service now ok and clear?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 31

I've updated the profile.  Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 30 of 31

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes