cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can't connect to my Google Cloud VM server after switching to TalkTalk Broadband

WickyLee
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I'm new to TalkTalk and after changing my broadband network from Virgin Media to TalkTalk, I'm having a serious problem.

Because I'm an web developer and work from home. So I used to need remote access and FTP with my company's Google Cloud VM server for do my works.

But now, I can't make any connection with my google cloud VM server anymore, even PING command it just always responds with timeout.

Are there restrictions and blocking connections to my Google Cloud VM server in the TalkTalk network environment?

My google cloud VM server IP as below: 

And used 22 port for SFTP by FileZilla and SSH to access my google cloud VM 

Could you help me see what’s problem with my case and figure out how to get fix it to allow me enable to access my server? 

Because if I can't access my application servers, I can't work.

Best Regards, Wicky Lee
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi WickyLee

Could you send me the serial number from the back of the router (by Private Message) I can then check the firmware version.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Support Team, 

I have got the new Sagemcom Wifi hub and had switch it. but it have not fix my problem.

"I still unable connect to my Google Cloud VM server. "

And beside, I can't login to that  new Sagemcom Wifi hub when used the default user "Admin" with password "Admin".

So, What anything I can do and what anything you can do?

Best Regards, Wicky Lee
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi WickyLee

Thanks for your reply.

I have requested that a Sagemcom hub is sent, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Debbie, 

Well! If this approach can solve my problem, I'd happily agree to order a Sagemcom hub and replace the Eero router.

Thanks!

Best Regards, Wicky Lee
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi WickyLee

Ok, would you like me to try and order a Sagemcom hub? We would need the eero to be returned.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

HI Michele,

I have follow the troubleshooting section, but there have to related to my problem. 

Eero App TroubleshootingEero App Troubleshooting

And there just ask me to contact TalkTalk support.

What can I do?

Best Regards, Wicky Lee
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Morning,

If you follow the troubleshooting steps in the app then there should also be an option to make contact with support.

Thanks

Message 8 of 15

Hi Bebbie,

Yes! I have Eero app.

I've tried turning that security off, but that didn't help.

Best Regards, Wicky Lee
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Debbie,

I'm very confused about how to contact Eero support and complicated. Could just I replace my Eero router with a Sagemcom WIFI hub?

Thanks.

Best Regards, Wicky Lee
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi WickyLee

Apologies, I thought you were using the Sagemcom WIFI hub.

I know another customer had a similar issue and they contacted eero support using the trouble shooting app. eero support then made a change which resolved the issue with VPN.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15
Yes! I still need your help.

My situation not any change, it still can't make any connection with my google cloud VM server anymore.

Thanks.
Best Regards, Wicky Lee
0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hi WickyLee

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi WickyLee

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the back of your router, I can then take a look at the firmware.

This help page also has some further information https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-a-VPN/ta-p/2464076 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes