cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent connection though router

Blackdog262
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Our router (Fast 5364-4TB) is having connection problems. Internal devices are able to connect to the router, and when logged into the router it reports as being connected to the internet, but we have no internet access.

After trying power cycling the router and a reset, I tried a factory reset. This resolved the issue for a short time, but then the problem returned. Sometimes a reset or factory reset will make the router work for a short time before the problem returns.

When the problem first occurred (yesterday evening) there had not been any changes to our set-up, or any new devices connected.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

a router is on the way.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Blackdog262
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Karl,

Yes please. Since my first post I have found that if only one device is connected to the router it gives a stable connection. More than one and it falls over.

Thank you for your help.

Brian

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Would you like to swap out the router and try another ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes