cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router repeatedly losing connection

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 44

Twice this evening my router has lost the connection , flashing yellow light, and then it has restored itself. I have also been losing the 2.4ghz channel repeatedly over the last week.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 44

I disagree as I fail to see how uniting them will let me see which band is failing. It is repeatedly the 5ghz band that my ipad fails to connect to and the ipad says that this because of too many other routers in the vicinity operating on the same channel. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 44

Hi CMJTW

I think it's best we monitor the connection without the SSID's being split. Will this be ok? I can check the wireless stats again.

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 44

Yes they did.You can see further up this topic

0 Likes

Message 4 of 44

Hi CMJTW

Did they make changes whilst the SSID's were split?

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 44

One of your colleagues had previously made some changes to optimise the signals

0 Likes

Message 6 of 44

Hi CMJTW

Would it be possible to factory reset the router back to default settings so WIFI optimisation can pick the best channel for your line. Just so we can see how the connection compares?

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 44

Yes I have so I can see which channel isn’t performing well.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 44

Hi CMJTW

Ok, have you split the SSID's on your router?

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 44

This is a new router you sent only a few weeks ago.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 44

Hi CMJTW

We do suggest rebooting the router at least once a month.

If you're having to reboot the router more often than that, then we can send a replacement router just in case the one you received was faulty.

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 44

The 5ghz recovered after I rebooted the router but this morning it is suffering again when I connect to it. When I try and open a website the browser never connects due to buffering. I have swapped back to the lower band which is working well.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 44

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. How has the connection been since you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 44

Rebooted the router and it has returned , but why does this happen?

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 44

This afternoon I have lost the 5ghz channel and none of my devices can discover or connect to it

0 Likes

Message 15 of 44

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and please let us know if anything does change or you need any further assistance 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 44

The internet seems to be a lot more stable than previously.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 44

Good morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 44

No problem, we'll check back in with you on Monday 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

CMJTW
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 44

Let me monitor it over a few day and I will report back on Monday.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 44

Hi

I can see you have separated the Wi-Fi bands so that rules out any sort of band switching causing the drops.  I've made a channel change to the 2.4Ghz based on current traffic and reduced the operating bandwidth of 5ghz to see if this shows improvement with stability across the 2 Wi-Fi bands to your devices.  See if there is any marginal improvement this evening, and if not we will look at another option to improve coverage for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes