cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router repeatedly losing connection

CMJTW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 48

Twice this evening my router has lost the connection , flashing yellow light, and then it has restored itself. I have also been losing the 2.4ghz channel repeatedly over the last week.

0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Message 41 of 48

Hi CMJTW

Thanks for your reply.

Have we recently sent you a new router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

CMJTW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 48

The 5ghz channel seems weaker in certain parts of the house.They are all apple products and seem to favour the lowed band

0 Likes

Message 43 of 48

Hi,

Can I just ask, is there any reason why these devices don't connect to the 5GHz channel if this is more stable?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

CMJTW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 48

It is the 2.6ghz that keeps dropping. Yesterday evening I lost everything (orange light flashing on the router )twice

0 Likes

Message 45 of 48

Hello again, 

Thanks for confirming. Does the wifi also drop when connected to the 5GHz channel?

Michelle

0 Likes

CMJTW
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 48

Good morning.

I can connect to the 5ghz channel and there is nothing next to the router that could be causing interference.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 47 of 48

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which is clear. I can see that severe interference has been detected on the 2.4GHz channel. Are you able to connect the devices to the 5GHz channel instead to see how this compares? Do you have any electrical devices located close to the router that may be causing interference?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes