cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow output

TCAR5
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Good evening,

We have a Sagemcom 5364 router and have an issue with it, it is showing 17.2 download and 1.2 upload from within the router itself. (192.168.1.1)

I have only max 3.9 output both on the Ethernet and the Wifi. 

I have tested this with the Wifi totally off and only a laptop connected via Ethernet cable and using Speedtest.

This has been reported and an engineer has been booked for the 5th Dec however I was wondering if this issue has been reported before and a fix is known. 

Various tests were done and factory reset done with no fix. I have a friend who is a network engineer and he looked and thinks it's a faulty router. Can a new one be sent to try and potentially save an engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi TCAR5

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can cancel the engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Michelle/Karl. The new router arrived yesterday and with all devices connected (smart home bulbs etc) it's showing just under 14Mbps and 1.2. This is what it should be, for whatever reason the old router is busted! Thanks again for your help.

Please cancel the engineer visit booked for the 5th.

We are in the countryside and approx 3/4 of a mile from the "green box" with an estate between us. The line runs up the lane from the box and we are the last house. The internet has always been poor here and working from home has been a nightmare. The line is always intermittant and dropping.

About 300 meters from us further up the lane, there is a farm and the owner paid for a full fibre line, I'm not sute if this is FTTP or EAD, but the lines have junction boxes running down each pole (one not 4 meters from me now). The line runs past our window teasing us.

This is so frustrating as OPENREACH won't confirm if this was fitted privately or not.

Is there anyway of checking the viability of access to this line with OPENREACH, trust me there are plenty of people up this lane that would benefit from it. 

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

Great thank you. We'll check in next week.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

I will Michelle, not received it yet but will let you know.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

Please let us know how the connection compares 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Thanks Karl, fabulous I appreciate your help.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi

A router is on the way to you to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @TCAR5,

Have you tried leaving the router switched off for over 30 minutes, this will ensure you get a brand new session in the street cabinet when you switch it back on, this can sometimes resolve issues where the throughput speed is significantly less than the sync speed reported in the router.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes