cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 5Ghz channel not compatible

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 46

Hello,

I got an Eero 6 router a month ago with Full Fibre 150 and the router is only using Channel 155 for the 5GHz band, so most of my 5Ghz devices (Chromecast, Samsung TV) are not compatible with that very high channel. Therefore they have to use the 2.4Ghz band, resulting in a very slow internet connection (50MB/s), I cannot stream any 4K content, which it is very annoying.

Eero 6 does not allow to change the channel configuration. I never had this issue with my previous TalkTalk routers.

I attach some screenshots that show my problem

Channel 155 5GHz bandChannel 155 5GHz bandSamsung TV only 2.4 GHzSamsung TV only 2.4 GHzGoogle TV only 2.4 GHzGoogle TV only 2.4 GHz

Other customers are reporting the same issue:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Slow-wifi-and-no-5Ghz-from-Eero-6/td-p/2993918

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Eero-6-is-junk/m-p/2982641

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/eero-6-5Ghz-wifi-is-terrible/td-p/2824911

As some people has suggested, the Eero 6 Pro is tri-band and has both high and low 5GHz frequency's as well as the 2.4GHz and fixes this particular problem.

Is is possible to get a different router that allow me to use a lower channel for the 5GHz band?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 46

Hi @Felix2014 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread. I will find your own thread & reply to you there.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 46

The TV is wifi 5. Thanks Keith 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 46

What is the WiFi specification of this TV?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 46

Hi Felix,

I've replied on your thread

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 46

Hi Michelle,

My new Samsung tv has the same issue with not connecting to 5ghz on my eero 6 full fibre 150. Please can you help me resolve this?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 46

Good morning,

I'm really pleased to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 46

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for asking. It worked very well, 5GHz was set at channel 36 all the time. I THINK the issue is solved now.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 46

Morning,

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 46

Morning,

Thank you for confirming. We'll keep this post open for as long as you need. I'll also see if we can get an update on the changes made to make sure that they don't revert back.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Michelle 🙂

Message 10 of 46

Good morning Michelle,

Yes, I read the message from @briantrumpet1 on his post. I have checked the connection this morning, and I can confirm the 5GHz band is using channel 42 now, which it is compatible with my devices.

Please, keep this post open for a few days, since I want to make sure the channel does not change back again.

Finally, please, it would be really good if TalkTalk can make sure Eero team does not revert back these settings in the future, for example when the update the router to a new firmware.

Thank you for your support these days.

Best regards.

Message 11 of 46

Hi magames,

Have you noticed any change since yesterday as I believe the team have made a change from there side?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

whedon80
First Timer
Private Message
Message 12 of 46

DFS is another great example where eero should really have an ON-OFF switch in the app. Include some helpful text explaining what it is and why you might want it. Default it to ON even. But don't force it on and give us no way to disable.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 46

Morning Michelle,

Thanks for your message. It would be nice if we could get an update later today or if there is an alternative solution.

Kind regards.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 46

Morning,

Our Devices manager has chased this for an update. I'm really sorry for the delay with this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 46

@magames wrote:

Good morning!

In there any update?

I checked this morning and 5GHz band is still stuck at channel 155

Regards.

Ditto.

0 Likes

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 46

Good morning!

In there any update?

I checked this morning and 5GHz band is still stuck at channel 155

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 46

Hi,

No problem. I'll post straight away.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 46

Morning Michelle,

As always, thanks for your swift response. Please, let me know once you get an update from the team. Unfortunately we are still facing this issue.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 19 of 46

Morning,

I'll check with the team and see what happening. Will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 46

Hi @briantrumpet1 @magames 

I have no idea how it is going to be deployed, that was not disclosed to me. I guess we have to leave it until at least Monday first thing, as the weekend is obviously not up as yet. I may not have any access to this forum tomorrow for a while, as my full fibre upgrade is taking place sometime in the morning.

Keith