cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 is junk

pk1986
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Hopefully don't need to explain myself again - my old post summaries it well - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/eero-6-5Ghz-wifi-is-terrible/td-p/2824911

Moved since that post and after being at a copper connection for 9 months I'm moving again to a FTTP area (I won't go into the fact the line can do 900mb but talktalk only offer 150mb and won't let me leave penalty free)

So now I have to go through the whole process again of obtaining an Eero 6 Pro because the Eero 6 dual band is junk. 

Can someone in TalkTalk do the right thing like you did last time and send me an Erro 6 Pro?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 21

Hi pk1986

Do you still need help with this?

I can see that @KeithFrench has asked some questions, as this maybe related to an issue we have raised.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 21

Hi @pk1986 

Is your Eero stuck on channel 155 on the 5GHz band & running firmware V6.16.04?

If so, TalkTalk has a case raised for this problem with Eero's support. When I know if this is the case, then I will add you to the list of customers with this issue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 21

Thanks for the update 🙂

pk1986
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 21

For anyone else reading this Talktalk sent me an Eero 6 Pro again.

Message 5 of 21

Hi pk1986,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Staff will reply after the weekend, @pk1986.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi,

I've not heard anything since the PM

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi pkl1986,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Added as requested

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Nope I didn't agree to a new contract - they said I could port the existing one over as an upgrade! I hope they have done this!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi pk1986,

If you still need assistance with this can you please add your account number to the private notes section of your community profile 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 21

Yes, all reading more clearly now! 

Staff will not be back before Monday, @pk1986.

Last time that you were setting up FTTP you were told to speak to the Full Fibre team about the router, but these days forum staff do get more involved with the arrangements. 

It might be a good idea to pick their brains re the router. In which case worth waiting till they are back on here next week. 

If it can't wait, the F F support opens at 8am on Saturday. Phone lines not open for this on Sunday. Chat is available every day. 

Message 13 of 21

That's because you effectively agreed to a new contract, so any termination fees are waived. If you decided to move to another provider however you would have been liable under the terms of the existing contract. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Interesting there was no mention of a charge to move!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Nope they said I can't leave early. I asked them 3 times and to confirm with a manager. I'm stuck on 150mb for another 12 months despite other ISPs offering 900mb!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

@Gliwmaeden2 

I may be wrong, but the poster did say that they "won't let me leave penalty free," which I took to mean they accepted a home move instead of that? 

Message 17 of 21

As last time, @pk1986, you'd be best speaking to the Future Fibre support team via Chat or phone:

03451 720074

I wonder if you can avoid early termination fees by using the Home Move team? I don't know whether it works when moving from copper to Full Fibre, but worth asking. They usually charge for the move, but if you take out a new contract (which you will be doing) that fee is waived.

I think that you should check:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Home-move/ta-p/2205259

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 21

Ah right, fair enough. In which case I recommend that you request a Hub 2 instead of the single eero, which in my opinion is a far better product and one that I happily use myself on a Full Fibre 150 service.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

Nope because as per the terms of the contract you are required to return them as to not be charged when moving to a none FTTP property.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

If you were previously sent an eero Pro 6 do you not still have it? 

0 Likes