cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 5Ghz channel not compatible

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 46

Hello,

I got an Eero 6 router a month ago with Full Fibre 150 and the router is only using Channel 155 for the 5GHz band, so most of my 5Ghz devices (Chromecast, Samsung TV) are not compatible with that very high channel. Therefore they have to use the 2.4Ghz band, resulting in a very slow internet connection (50MB/s), I cannot stream any 4K content, which it is very annoying.

Eero 6 does not allow to change the channel configuration. I never had this issue with my previous TalkTalk routers.

I attach some screenshots that show my problem

Channel 155 5GHz bandChannel 155 5GHz bandSamsung TV only 2.4 GHzSamsung TV only 2.4 GHzGoogle TV only 2.4 GHzGoogle TV only 2.4 GHz

Other customers are reporting the same issue:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Slow-wifi-and-no-5Ghz-from-Eero-6/td-p/2993918

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Eero-6-is-junk/m-p/2982641

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/eero-6-5Ghz-wifi-is-terrible/td-p/2824911

As some people has suggested, the Eero 6 Pro is tri-band and has both high and low 5GHz frequency's as well as the 2.4GHz and fixes this particular problem.

Is is possible to get a different router that allow me to use a lower channel for the 5GHz band?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 46

Hello @Michelle-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

I installed the latest router firmware (v7.0.0-1134) from Eero on Friday, but I was under the impression that it was just a generic update from Eero.

However, the issue has not been resolved and the router is still stuck on channel 155 for the 5Ghz band. I am uploading some screenshots from this morning for reference.

With regards to the solution that TalkTalk and Eero have discussed, how is it going to be implemented (firmware update)? what should we expect?

Thank you very much.

Router versionRouter versionChannel 155 5GHz bandChannel 155 5GHz band

0 Likes

Message 22 of 46

@KeithFrench wrote:

Hi @briantrumpet1 @magames 

I wouldn't class it as a solution, more like a temporary workaround to allow Eero time to further investigate the problem. Please let me know over the weekend if you see a move to channel 36.

Well, the app just downloaded an update and restarted the router, and, guess what... it's still stuck on channel 155 on 5GHz. Maybe it was a more general update, but they and TT aren't covering themselves in glory here.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 46

Hi @briantrumpet1 @magames 

I wouldn't class it as a solution, more like a temporary workaround to allow Eero time to further investigate the problem. Please let me know over the weekend if you see a move to channel 36.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 46

@KeithFrench wrote:

Hi @magames 

Debbie or Michelle should have told you, Eero are making some changes over the weekend to force your 5GHz band to channel 36, whilst they investigate the issue further. At least you should have a working 5GHz band then.

Ah, I'd wondered what the actual 'solution' was going to be, thanks Keith. I'll keep an eye out for that, and will be interested to see what the longer-term one will be.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 46

Hi @magames 

Debbie or Michelle should have told you, Eero are making some changes over the weekend to force your 5GHz band to channel 36, whilst they investigate the issue further. At least you should have a working 5GHz band then.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 46

Staff will be back on Monday, @magames.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 27 of 46

Good afternoon Michelle,

Have you received any update?

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 28 of 46

Morning magames,

No problem, hopefully we'll have a solution soon.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 29 of 46

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the update!

0 Likes

Message 30 of 46

Hi magames

Our Devices Team have advised that this has been escalated to eero and we should hopefully have further updates by Friday afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 46
0 Likes

Message 32 of 46

Thank you very much Debbie

Message 33 of 46

Hi magames

I've requested an update and I will post back here as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 46

Good afternoon Michelle,

Hope you are very well today.

Have you received any update from the Devices manager?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 46

Hello,

Thank you. I'll post back as soon as they come back to me with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 36 of 46

Morning Michelle,

Thanks for your message. My TalkTalk account number should be added now in my Community Profile. Could you kindly confirm?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 37 of 46

Hi again,

Could you also add your TalkTalk telephone number or Account number to your Community Profile please. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 38 of 46

Morning,

Brilliant, thank you. I will pass this straight over now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 39 of 46

Hello Michelle,

The issue is affecting my 3 TVs at home:

• Samsung TV 4K S90c
  • Google Chromecast 4K with Google TV
  • LG NanoCell 4K TV

All of them are running with its latest firmware and are compatible with 5GHz band. In fact, I never had this issue with my previous router (TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2).

As I mentioned, none of these devices can connect to the 5GHz band since the Eero 6 is stuck at channel 155 (band 5GHz) and most of the media devices in the market are not compatible with this channel. I cannot stream any 4K content without connection issues. More users in this forum are reporting exactly the same issue with their devices and the Eero 6 router.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 40 of 46

Hi magames,

I'm sorry for the delay. Our Product Manager has asked us to confirm which devices specifically are experiencing this issue. Is it just the Samsung TV and the Chromecast? Do all other devices connect ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes