cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Wifi

RobDG
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

My wifi defaults to channel 36 on which my devices struggle to connect. I have changed the channel to 42 & more recently 48 when I find the signal satisfactory but after a day or two the router changes back to channel 36.  I have tried auto some time ago but most of the time channel 36 is chosen.

Is the router defective?

RobDG
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi RobDG

How's the connection been since we switched the WIFI optimisation off yesterday morning?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi RobDG

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rob,

Can I just confirm, are you using the wifi hub or the eero?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If you have a Hub 2 then WiFi optimisation (sic) is enabled as standard. This overrides any changes that you make, because it thinks it knows best. This is set at network level and cannot be changed by the user. 

If you can tell us your router model and that you would prefer optimisation turned of then please confirm by reply and the support team here can disable this for you. Make sure your community profile contains your account number so that they can identify your account.

0 Likes