cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Unable to activate Now TV offer, £4.99 per month for 12

adriancollins
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

I have been trying to activate an offer that sometimes pops up after I've logged into my Talktalk account.

The offer is as per the attached image and is £4.99 per month for Nowtv Entertainment, and also £4.99 per month for Nowtv Cinema (for 12 mths)

I have clicked the link and added both of these offers to my account multiple times now and have never been able to activate this offer. I have only received one link which didn't work. I also spent almost an hour on the TT chat, speaking to at least 4 different teams without any success.

The offer is there, I've successfully added it, but I can't use it? This has taken about two weeks so far, any ideas how I can get around this issue please?

Many thanks

AC

Screenshot 2023-11-02 162514.png
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Hi Karl,

Wow, that's amazing, but I am now very happy, so thank you again.

(I can only think this was caused by my adware blocker, but not to worry now anyway)

Have a great Christmas!

Regards

Adrian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi

That's great news, I've had a whole team working on this to see why this was failing.  I can see they were in your account on the 13th, and I've checked, and the boosts have all shown up in your account as active and all looks as it should.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi Karl

You'll like this I'm sure - I have got it working!!

I have no idea why this has now worked, but I simply tried using a browser that I never use (MS Edge)

(I normally use Firefox and / or Chrome)

So, again I was able to add the offers and apply it to my account - no difference to the multitude of other times I've done this over the last 8 weeks or so!

And, bizarrely - within a few minutes I received an email and I have succesfully activated both Now TV Products

This is BETTER than Christmas! 🙂

(Please just make sure that no tech guys change my account now :-))

Many thanks for your help

Adrian

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi Adrian,

Unfortunately there is no work around as this has to be added to our systems.

I'm looped into an email chain to keep me in the loop, and this has been raised as an incident and a team has been assigned to investigate this from the back end to see what is happening.

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Hi Karl

Hope all is well...

Do we have any kind of a workaround for this please? (only because I was hoping to be able to have now tv and Cinema for the Christmas period using the offer price)

I'm thinking there must be another way of doing this? Possibly?

Many thanks

Regards AC

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi Karl

Many thanks, I appreciate that and agree with you 100%! - it's so bizarre!

Regards Adrian

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi

This is such a frustrating problem.  I can see the orders created from My Account, but they just sit there, and don't seem to be progressing in any direction.  I've never seen this before, so it's a real head scratcher for me.

I've reached out to one of our product owners who looks after online journeys for My Account and ask that they take a look to see why this is not communicating or completing fully with your account.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi Karl,

Many thanks for looking into this, much appreciated

Regards Adrian

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi

I can see an order raised however this is not completing and adding the option to the account.  We may need to see what our vendor comes back with.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi Karl

Well, even though I have got another of these below saying that the Now TV Boosts have been added, I have still not received any emails. so I can't confirm the activation for the new service

This has honestly taken me 6-8 weeks of trying so far, it's a bit odd to say the least

Any workarounds we can think of? (It's such a good offer, and I can't claim it, even though I've been with TT for years now)

Many thanks, hope you have a good day....

adriancollins_0-1701802393144.png

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi Karl

Many thanks, much appreciated.

I have managed to add both offers again earlier today. It looked promising as it says 'boost added' etc.

Time will tell though, as a few hours later on, I've not yet received an email link (but it does say it might take a while)

Many thanks, cheers

Adrian

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi Adrian,

The stuck order was completed on the system by the back end teams.  I'm still waiting on an update from the vendor to see why this initially failed.  All NOW TV Products that were added to the account initially are now showing as cancelled, so in theory you should be able to select these from MY ACCOUNT and try to add these again.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

adriancollins
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 25

Hi Karl,

Just to let you know that I logged into my account and it's no longer showing that I have an 'inactive account' for now tv, and looks as though I could possibly add the now tv £4.99 offers?

Obviously I won't do this before checking with you as I don't want to add to the problem!

Many thanks

Regards Adrian

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi Karl,

That is great, many thanks for letting me know... 👍

Cheers AC

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi Adrian,

Our developers have raised a ticket to our external vendor to look at the recent orders.  They manage the relationship between our systems and Now TV, Netflix etc, so they will look at the orders placed for NOW TV that are stuck, to see why these failed to process with NOW TV etc.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi Karl

Many thanks

That would be brilliant (I was told that they'd done that before but I'm not sure if it did go to the correct team)

Cheers, Adrian

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi

I can see a number of open orders that seem to be stuck in the system.

I've raised an internal ticket to our back office developers, requesting these are closed down or completed.

I'll let you know as soon as they confirm this is done.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

adriancollins
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 25

Hi Karl,

Just to say that I have cancelled my own nowtv subscription about 3 weeks ago, I've had two live chats with support and they've told me that they have to remove the inactive accounts before I can add the nowtv offers.

The problem is that it's still not working. I can add the offer (£4.99 per month each for now tv entertainment and cinema) - I have taken screenshots of the process, bu, I'm still not receiving an email, and cannot activate the offer.

Any suggestions please as its driving me a bit mad now to be honest ☺

Many thanks

Ac

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi

Check in My Account to see what's available or give our customer teams a call when you are ready and see what offers they have available.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes