cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Advice of takeover from BT

dazzleman1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi

I am wanting to move my TalkTalk full fibre to BT to be merged with an existing BT landline service.

I have placed two orders with BT so far but the orders failed, according to BT advisers, because TalkTalk is not ceasing my service. I would like to request that TalkTalk allow BT to take control of my ONT, but to keep providing my service until BT takes over.

Many thanks

dazzleman1

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

TalkTalk can't "release" your line on a Full Fibre service, the process is simply not in place. Annoying I know. Have a look at the latest from Ofcom here

0 Likes

dazzleman1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi, thanks for your help.

No, I have not cancelled my TalkTalk service at the moment. With all the problems I'm having with BT I'm reluctant to do that at this moment and end up without a service. If BT advise that that is the course of action I need to take then I will do so. However I want to check this out with BT first.

I just wanted to be able to confirm to them as to whether Talktalk were not releasing my line, causing my previous orders with BT to fail. It was only because when I was last talking to one of their advisers they suggested that this might be the reason why Openreach wouldn't switch my line from TalkTalk to BT.

Thanks, dazzleman1

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK, I will move this to the Billing section for you. Have you now cancelled your TalkTalk service and been notified of the effective date? 

0 Likes

dazzleman1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the info.

Now I just need an official confirmation from one of the talktalk support staff that they're not actively stopping me switching to another provider.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Sadly there are not as yet provisions in place for switching between Full Fibre services. Ofcom had previously mandated this with quite a long lead in period, but the industry somehow hasn't managed to cope as of yet. 

0 Likes

dazzleman1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Well I was hoping that switching providers would have cancelled my TalkTalk account. I was surprised when BT said I needed to speak to TalkTalk to release my line.

I'm a bit concerned about straightup cancelling in case I end up without a service. I've been trying to move to BT for the last month and have gotten absolutely nowhere.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

You need to cancel your service with TalkTalk. 

0 Likes