cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancellation and refund problems

goff212
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

This is more info for anybody trying to leave talktalk. I have spent the best part of six hours over the past two months endeavouring to get talktalk to cancel my services, I followed all their procedures and even after being told the contact had been cancelled they didn't and continued to take money from my account. After I received a bill I contacted them to complain and after an hour being passed from operative to operative I finally got confirmation that the service had been cancelled and that a refund would be made. Nearly two weeks later I received an email confirming the refund but I would need to make a request. The refund is not the full payment they took, 20% less, but they offer no explanation as to why they are keeping 20% of my money and there is no direct point of contact. So I can either accept the partial refund or go into the labyrinth  which is customer services and maybe get a full refund but waste hour upon hour dealing with talktalk. They also have a worrying disregard for handling personal data. After clearly expressing I did not want any telephone calls their marketing department have repeatedly phoned to see if I want to come back! The number is now blocked. I have reported talktalk to the regulator but if anybody is considering leaving be careful, vigilant and take details. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

@Nursehague, you don't actually say in your post that you specifically phoned, just that you had given them warning etc.

It wasn't made absolutely clear. 

Do start a fresh post for staff to look into your case. You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Edit: spotted your new topic now!

😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hey, Gliwmaeden2 😔

Yep. Called numerous times. 

Read my post I've just put on.... I explain everything in there.

I'm gutted 😭😭 It seems I have a battle on my hands with this company now. 

Nursehague 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Did you phone to cancel, @Nursehague ?

The Chat team is not authorised to process the cancellation without organising a callback. 

If that never happened you must do all this over the phone:

03451 720088 from 9am Monday. 

If you still need help, please start your own topic for forum staff to look into this for you after the weekend. 

They only follow up for the original poster on a thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Nursehague
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Goff212,

I'm having exactly the same trouble. I'm leaving TalkTalk because I moved house on the 19th Nov and no longer needed their services. I gave them weeks worth of warning that I would need my account cancelling and disconnecting due to moving house. I am still paying their bills and I am still not disconnected. The customer service is *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*. No one knows what they're doing at all. I am now receiving threatening emails from them about cancelling my direct debit and not paying their bills. They claim my account cannot be cancelled. Why? I told them I'm not even living in that house anymore!!  They give no reason. I am now in a battle with these sneaky, lying *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* and I'm gonna make sure the whole damn world know how evil they are. 

0 Likes