cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cancellation early exit fee query

Jacka5050
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I am leaving Talktalk to go with another provider and going live with them in a week. I have received a letter from Talktalk stating I will be charged an early cancellation fee of £174.38. I have been reading my Talktalk contract and in the Duration, renewal and termination contract part It states.
-The early termination charge is £10.20 for each remaining month of my minimum term. If I want to end a service or agreement outside of the minimum term I have 30 days to contact Talktalk to give notice by letter or via online chat, 'however', if transferring to another broadband provider, then Talktalk will 'ACCEPT' that I have given sufficient notice when they receive notice from my new provider-
(meaning I don't pay an early exit fee because Talktalk will accept my new providers notice.)
So does the early cancellation fee mean that Talktalk have not accepted my new providers notice from BT? and because Talktalk have stated in my contract that they would accept it. Is this in breach of contract? Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Jacka5050
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

The way they have worded that part of my contract could be contested. But I am still inside of my terms of contract so that is fair enough. thanks for the input 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Read again how you interpreted it yourself:  "If I want to end a service or agreement outside of the minimum term ... "

Indeed. The point is you are not outside of your minimum term. 

Jacka5050
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. I have wrote the terms and conditions down exactly as they are in my contract. If you read again. No where does it state that my new broadband provider has to give them 30 days notice. It only states that Talktalk will Accept the notice as sufficient when they receive notice from my new provider.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

You are being charged because you are still inside your minimum contract term, by quite some margin it would seem. Read those details again, the waiver only applies if your new provider notifies TalkTalk within the last 30 days of your contract. 

0 Likes